Friday, May 8, 2009

Fun with Swine Flu

I've been enjoying myself the last few weeks following the breathless pronouncements made by governmental authorities on how worried we should be about the swine flu.  Now, don't get me wrong, I have some missionary friends in Mexico where this has been serious business; but even they've been a little overwhelmed by paranoia.

So far, here are my favorite stories:
1.  You would think the Muslims would be grateful that they don't eat pork during this time, but even they're getting in on the action.  It seems like the lone pig of Afghanistan just got a little more lonely.

2.  This one I heard on the news yesterday and I thought it was a joke (if you didn't think #1 was a joke, which it isn't).  The WHO has stated that swine flu is not a pandemic...but if it was at least 2 billion people could be infected.  Isn't that a little like the USGS saying that there hasn't been a big earthquake in California...but if there was a lot of people could die!  It's a good thing we have experts in these things.

3.  The last one isn't a news story, but more like some literal swine flu fun.  The game is called "Sneeze," and although it starts out fun, it gets a little more creepy.  I started to wonder if that's what viruses do with their time off?

No comments: