Friday, May 29, 2009

Christology for Boys

So here's a conversation between my 3 1/2-year-old boy and his older brother (and I'm not exaggerating this at all):

R:  My head is going to crack right down the middle.
L:  Yeah!  Down the middle!
R:  And it's going to break open.
L:  Yeah!  Break open!
R:  And blood is going to shoot out everywhere (lots of dramatic emphasis using hands).
L:  Yeah!  Blood everywhere!
R:  And the blood is going to flow all over my body.
L:  Yeah!  All over your body!
R:  And then my arms are going to fall off (more dramatic emphasis).
L:  Yeah!  Your arms!
R:  And they're going to rip apart.
L:  Yeah!  Rip apart!
R:  And blood is going to flow everywhere.
L:  Yeah!  Everywhere!
R:  And it's going to happen to everyone in the world.
L:  Yeah!  Everyone in the world!
R:  Except.....for Jesus.
L:  Yeah!  Except for Jesus!

My husband assures me that they're normal boys.  I surely hope they turn out normal.

2 comments:

big hair betty said...

Haha! We're not so much into the visual yet, still the audio. I'm waiting to see if Matt will let me video/post Ezra doing a very "boy" thing, it has to do with his hand and his armpit and a funny noise.

Brittany Martin said...

Hmmm...now what on earth could that be I wonder?

If my boys saw my dad more often they would definitely be doing that by now!