Monday, September 15, 2008

Blood and Guts Everywhere

So here's an entertaining little story of injury and mayhem.

Saturday night I was in the kitchen after telling my boys to clean up the books in their room before bedtime.  I then heard the tell-tale BANG!! and then intense screams.  I dropped what I was doing and ran to their bedroom, but while rounding the corner, slid on the hardwood floors and smashed my foot into the wall!  It hurt like nothing else, but I continued hopping on one leg to respond to the screams and wails coming from my boys' room.  As I thought, my youngest had fallen off the bunkbed stairs and bonked his head.  I grabbed him, wanting to scream myself because my foot hurt so bad, and we both laid on the bed and cried.  As usual, he was better in about 30 seconds, but I was realizing that my foot hurt worse now than it did when the injury occurred.  Hmmm....thought I....that's a bad sign.  The next morning my baby toe was 3 times it's normal size and black, blue, and purple.  My sons thought it was cool, but it is broken.  I never realized how much you need your baby toe, until you can't use it!

All in all it reminded me of that episode of The Office--one of my favorites--where Michael Scott burns his foot on the George Foreman grill.  My son is Michael Scott.  I am Dwight K. Schrute who hurtles out the door to be the savior and in the process crashes my car, throws up everywhere, and continues on to save my boss--oops!  I mean son--than I'm the one who ends up with the concussion.

1 comment:

big hair betty said...

Ugh...sorry to hear about your toe! That one really did go, "Wee, wee, wee, all the way home!"