Friday, August 8, 2008

I Guess I Just Don't Have a Sweet Tooth...

I have to start this out by saying that I absolutely love where I live. I love Santa Cruz, and northern California in general. I know there are some very special people out there who love southern California, and they have been granted a special dispensation to enjoy heat, crowds, and freeways. God bless you and your labors! So I say this out of love for my own place and not a criticism towards anyone else's love of their place (which is a good and honorable love).

That being said, after spending a season down in the southland, I think experiencing L.A. is like eating too much sugar. In the beginning it's exciting and you can't get enough of it! Then your enthusiasm begins to wane, but for some reason you can't stop yourself from eating. Then you begin to get sick to your stomach, and can't even look at the stuff.

There. I love all my southern California friends and family, but I'm afraid I just don't have a sweet tooth.

No comments: