Friday, May 23, 2008

A New Post

Well now that I know people read this thing, I feel obligated to keep it up.

In my ongoing effort to avoid cynicism I will share something positive, so I will turn to the least cynical part of my life, motherhood.
  
My sons have taken to collecting rocks from various places.  I'm not sure where they picked this up, except from their mother, the geologist.  They found a really neat one the other day, with a few highly weathered opals on the surface.  I thought it would be fun to break it open, so in a fit of nostalgia I pulled out the ol' rock hammer and pounded away at it on the back patio.  This, of course, caused great fascination on the part of my offspring.

After breaking it open I discovered two things:  (1) That there were some REALLY nice opals on the inside, and (2) you feel really good after successfully weilding a rock hammer.  I would strongly recommend it for difficult or trying times, or even when you're just annoyed.  Caution: Make sure you wear eye protection (sunglasses count).

3 comments:

Steve and Stacy said...

You've convinced me. I'm going to get out my sledge hammer and take out my aggressions on some old cinderblocks I've had stacked in the side yard for years.

I'm not expecting any opals though...

Mrs. Schwager said...

Brittany Martin, secret blogger. Well, your secret is out, I have found you by subterfuge.

Brittany Martin said...

Oh! No!!!