Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Song that Makes My Son Burst into Tears

On top of spaghetti
All covered with cheese
I lost my poor meatball
when somebody sneezed.

It rolled on the table
and onto the floor
and then my poor meatball
rolled out the front door.

It rolled in the garden
and under a bush.
And now my poor meatball
is nothing but mush.


Why does this make him cry? I have no idea. He's four and has sympathetic feelings for the meatball? He loves meat so much he hates to see it wasted? Who knows? Anyway, he burst into tears after this song tonight, mumbling something about the meatball. Not just a few tears either, weepy like anything.

2 comments:

Deb said...

at first I was sure tears... of laughter... but then I read it...........
nothing quite like the tender heart of a little boy....
:)

Steve and Stacy said...

That song's been a long time favorite in our house, and while we've never been reduced to tears, we have had quite a few concerned questions about the meatball's safety and general happiness with its new abode.