Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Do As I Say, Not As I Do

So I took my Segundus on a rare trip to McDonald's today to bring lunch to Papa at work. I haven't ordered a Happy Meal in a while and when I did they offered "would you like milk or juice with that?" What? "Um, do you have Coke?" I asked. They did, and I also ordered a nice, big burger meal for Papa as a treat.

When I got my receipt I realized that I had to pay $1 extra to get a Coke with the kids' Happy Meal, whereas the adult combo meal came with a Coke! Hmmm...now if you want to be healthy, by all means, be healthy; but what's the deal with letting adults have a Coke and forcing the kids to have milk or juice? I think McDonald's should just switch everybody to milk or juice and see how long it takes for the adults to have a fit--when they do, the management should just stand back and ask them how they think the kids feel.

I go to McDonald's for fun, certainly not to be healthy, but what exactly is fun about milk or juice?

3 comments:

Erin said...

That is crazy! I didn't know about that. Last time we got happy meals though, they had mini (mini, mini) sized fries, plus a bag of apple slices. They used to have you choose apples or fries. Maybe not enough people choose the apples.

Brittany Martin said...

Still had the Barbie-sized fries and the mysteriously juicy pre-peeled, pre-cut apples in a pre-sealed bag.

Lauren said...

We go with chocolate milk!