Wednesday, June 2, 2010

On Giving and Taking Offense

Several of my blogging friends and ladies I know have been discussing the how and when to share opinions and taking offense. This article I read back in college, and is the best I've ever read on the subject. It's short and to the point, but great on both being too quick to share opinions and too quick to take offense. What do you think?

(By the way, I have no idea what the strange drawings are on the top of that web page, it's the only place I could find the article on-line).

4 comments:

Brittany Martin said...

And I've just realized that the website changes its weird drawings depending on when you click on it. Not sure what you could get!

Erin said...

No weird drawings for me. Just a good article. Thanks Brittany! Excellent.

Krista said...

Great article Brittany, it really speaks to the other side of the coin- we need to have both sides in check, not being judgmental and offensive, but not easily taking offense. Thanks for the link!

LindaFaye said...

I like the part about Jesus not considering himself to be treated like God even though he really was God. Who do I think I am to get my feathers so easily ruffled? If I really humble myself I'll be way harder to offend and way more loving of others.