Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Like Any Kind of Person, Except the Little Ones

Just as a warning, that was sarcastic, and this is ranting.

I am frustrated with landlords in my area who don't like kids. We are not a huge family, we have two kids, and they are little. We currently live in a home that's about 600 sq. feet, which is the biggest place we've lived in. We need to look for a new place and the next time I have a landlord tell me that their place is "too small" for us I think I'm going to throw the phone through the nearest wall. It's all I can do to keep myself from giving them an earful over the phone--giving ourselves no chance to rent from them ever.

I've had landlords tell me that their place is "too small" for us because it's "only" 1200 sq. feet. I've had landlords tell me their place is "too small" because it "only" has two bedrooms.

Now the minute I see what looks like a good deal in our area, and would suit our family, I cringe to send them an email or phone call, knowing the way I feel when I get that kind of response. Yuck.

Get out of my way, I have something to throw.

2 comments:

big hair betty said...

Argghh... I can feel your pain!! You could always come back with, "Well, I hope you're not discriminating against families with children, because THAT is illegal!" Even though, we all know that really, people can discriminate against whoever they want, but it is a bummer when the righeous are persecuted!!

Brittany Martin said...

I think the phrase they use is, "How many people?" Nevermind that a family with two little kids is way different than four single adults living together.